And to be honest, I'm not sure if I am any closer to finding out what the "Write" answer is.
Teacher autonomy has allowed me to try a range of things in my classroom which is helping me shape my philosophy about writing. I am really thankful that I have the opportunity for creative license on this.
As I develop my ideas there are a few key things coming through:
- Words are fun. Words should be played with.
- Reading and writing are intertwined.
- Creativity can take many forms.
- Writing can take many forms.
- An audience is essential.
- Ideas hold more power than surface features.
- Quality writing should be modelled on quality reading material.
- Oral language is the foundation for written language.