Monday, February 2, 2015

Tomorrow, tomorrow... it's only a day away

Tomorrow, 27 learners will come together for the first time. There are certain things that they will expect and know, and others that will be unknown. They will be looking at me as some kind of beacon, a light to guide them around the rocks. I have included myself in the number of learners. This is because I do not know what I will learn this year from my class. I have a little awareness of some of the students interests but I don't know who they are yet. This makes me both anxious and excited. Pretty much the same as most of those children will be feeling tonight. There is going to be tension as we figure each other out. There will be gaps in the rhythm of the day, awkward pauses, and the embarrassing moments of getting each others names wrong. Starting out is hard! So this is just me taking a little time to reflect on how my students will be feeling tomorrow when we come together. Perhaps we will need some quiet moments to relax and lose ourself in. Perhaps we will need something to laugh about together. Lets just play it by ear...

No comments:

Post a Comment